I have a Late 2008 MacBook Pro in the house, and SSH is enabled on it. I usually leave it on when in work. Anyway, SSH is enabled, but VNC access is not… I found the following command on Ryan’s Tech Notes allowing you to enable it though SSH:
** NOTE ** Change mypasswd to your own password!!!
If you need to disable it, use the following:
Also, of note, I am using RealVNC client for Windows to connect.
was last updated: July 5, 2019: fixing all aliases and build issues (41ef786). Found an issue? Improve this page
homepage of Tiernan OToole, Geek, photographer, GeekPhotographer, and lazy git.
- Fixing CID (Caller ID) on incoming calls with 3CX
- Network Update Info April 2019
- Adding a Netgear LB2120 to the homelab
- Finally going all in on VoIP
- Auto deploying to multiple servers with GitHub and Webhooks
- Moving the site to Hugo
- Playing with AMD’s Epyc
- AS204994, Own IP Space and Anycast
- Blogging on an iPad Pro