First things first, the pool consists of 4 2Tb hard drives and 1 128Gb SSD. Its setup in RAIDZ1 (equivilent of RAID 5) and then the SSD is set for caching.
To create the pool i ran
zpool create home raidz sda sde sdf sdg
then, to add the cache drive
zpool add home cache sdd
the pool (in my case) got mounted to /home, and then i restored my backup to it. to do some tests, i can the following…
614MB/s write and 5.3GB a second read is nothing to be sniffed at! :)
was last updated: July 13, 2018: fixing aliases (c8b9f0d). Found an issue? Improve this page
homepage of Tiernan OToole, Geek, photographer, GeekPhotographer, and lazy git.
- Auto deploying to multiple servers with GitHub and Webhooks
- Moving the site to Hugo
- Playing with AMD’s Epyc
- AS204994, Own IP Space and Anycast
- Blogging on an iPad Pro
- New Backup Plans
- Testing Forestry
- VSCode and Markdown Monster with Powershell
- Zerotier and Minio Followup
- Business Class Broadband… finally here….