Day 58 of #100daysofhomelab and today is mostly a retrospective of what I did over the last few days, with some links thrown in for good measure…
Given I am going to keep GodBoxV3 running Windows Server 2022 for the foreseeable future, I installed Veeam Availability Suite (through their NFR program) and got it to backup up my Hyper-V VMs, along with my ESXi VMs to both local and Backblaze B2 storage. So far, so good.
Also, Ubiquiti released Unifi OS 3.0 for the UDM Pro, which I upgraded this morning. Links for that are below. Some nice bits in here, like:
- Added Wireguard VPN Server support.
- Added VPN Client Routing.
- Added Ad-blocking feature.
- Added support for OpenVPN tunnel in Traffic Routes.
- Allow adding multiple VPN Clients.
the 2.5 release OS had the VPN Client option, but ALL traffic went over the VPN, whether you wanted it to or not. This release gives you the option to say that traffic from a given host, network or even traffic to a given IP or range, goes over the VPN link. The Ad Block feature is nice too, but I have not tried it yet (still using PiHole for the moment) and the Wireguard VPN option is going to be VERY handy. More testing coming soon…
Anyway, on to the links.
- NVIDIA GTC 2023 Keynote Product Announcements (servethehome.com)
- NVIDIA RTX 4000 SFF 20GB Low Profile Double-Width Workstation GPU (servethehome.com)
- UniFi OS – Dream Machines 3.0.19 | Ubiquiti Community – UDM Pro finally gets to OS 3.0!
This site is hosted on my own ASN on AS204994. More details about that over there. I also use Vultr for transit services and HostUs for LIR Services. Check them out. You can also check some of the gear I use on a daily basis over on kit.co/tiernano. Looking for a Backup Option? Check out Backblaze and get a month free.
Leave a Reply