A couple of years back, I did a post about my Daily Carry for college… Well, I have finished (ish) college, but i still cary a lot of weird and wonderful stuff… So, this is the update…
So, the contents are as follows:
- Microsoft SurfaceBook with an i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 512GB Storage, along with the dGPU.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Beats by Dr. Dre Wireless on ear headphones. Bluetooth and wired.
- TP-Link TL-WR703N modified with extra RAM and ROM. I will explain this later…
- TP-Link MR3040 currently used with the modem (see below) but to be replaced with the WR703N eventually…
- Huawei E3272 LTE Modem for broadband. Connected into either of the routers (above) or directly to the laptop.
- Anker 3 Port USB 3.0 HUB with 10/100/1000mb Ethernet Probably the coolest thing i have ever found! a 3 port USB 3 hub with a Gigabit Ethernet port included! There is one that came with the M3800, but its USB2 only (so, not fully gigabit) and takes up a USB port and gives nothing back…
- Anker 3nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2 Port External Battery. Handy little charger, since most of my devices run off USB. And it gives out a fair whack of power too!
- Linx 8 Inch Windows 8.1 Tablet with Intel Quad core Atom (Z3735G) 1Gb RAM, 32Gb storage, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a 32Gb MicroSD card. Great little device, and handy when the M3800 is too big to use…
- Microsoft Wedge Keyboard and Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 both connected to the Linx Tablet to have a full setup when required.
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus (Not pictured). This was used to take this photo.
Some more photos below:
was last updated: July 6, 2018: Update from Forestry.io - Updated menus (35fc5bd). Found an issue? Improve this page
homepage of Tiernan OToole, Geek, photographer, GeekPhotographer, and lazy git.
- Auto deploying to multiple servers with GitHub and Webhooks
- Moving the site to Hugo
- Playing with AMD’s Epyc
- AS204994, Own IP Space and Anycast
- Blogging on an iPad Pro
- New Backup Plans
- Testing Forestry
- VSCode and Markdown Monster with Powershell
- Zerotier and Minio Followup
- Business Class Broadband… finally here….