The GodBox is my main Hyper-V server and backup workstation. Its specs are as follows:
- Dual Intel Xeon E5520 processors at 2.26Gz each. They are Quad core and are Hyper Threaded… Windows sees 16 processors!
- 84Gb RAM (DDR3 ECC)
- 2 300GB Western Digital VelociRaptors in RAID 0 for boot.
- 4 hard drives in a storage pool. 2X1TB Western Digital Green Drives, 2Tb Seagate Barrcuda Green drive, 500GB Samsung Spinpoint drive. These are connected to a Dell Perc H200, but no raid is used on the card.
- Connected to a DVI KVM switch and used on a 28 Inch Dell 4K Monitor
- Runs Windows Server 2016 Datacenter, Hyper-V and has a few VMs running all the time…
- CPU-Z information here
Some old photos of the machine are seen here:
was last updated: September 3, 2018: tweaking images url (1089a3a). Found an issue? Improve this page
homepage of Tiernan OToole, Geek, photographer, GeekPhotographer, and lazy git.
- Adding a Netgear LB2120 to the homelab
- Finally going all in on VoIP
- Auto deploying to multiple servers with GitHub and Webhooks
- Moving the site to Hugo
- Playing with AMD’s Epyc
- AS204994, Own IP Space and Anycast
- Blogging on an iPad Pro
- New Backup Plans
- Testing Forestry
- VSCode and Markdown Monster with Powershell