I have been very interested in VOIP stuff for the last while now, and finally started looking at implementing it in the house. Here are some links which may be useful. I will do a full post soon.
- Asterisk 1.8 with chan_mobile on Centos 6: chan_mobile allows you to use a Bluetooth phone to make calls with Asterisk
- Use an old Mobile Phone as a GMS Gateway in asterisk: again, similar to above, but with Ubuntu.
- 3CX: my current choice in VOIP software.
The main VOIP hardware I use is:
- Cisco Small Business Pro SPA3102 Voice Gateway with Router (Amazon UK)
- Cisco Small Business Pro SPA3102 Voice Gateway with Router (Amazon US)
I also use the 3CX software on both my iPhone and Android.