Tomorrow, Monday the 28th January, 2013, will be the start of my final real Semester in College. I have been studying part time for the last 3 and a bit years, and tomorrow marks the begining of the end… Its the final REAL semester, meaning at the end of this i will have exams, but i wont be “finished” as such… I have a final semester from September to December where i hand up my final year project, which i plan on documenting here soon.
Anyway, thats a long way of saying that today, i have been working on the contents of my college bag: What do i bring with me to college…
well, here it is:
There is a lot in this photo, so you may want to click though to see the full size, but lets start, shall we:
- Laptop: MacBook Pro, Late 2008, 8Gb RAM, 500GB Hybrid HDD
- Phones: HTC Titan (Windows Phone 7.5, main phone), HTC One X (Android, backup phone), , HTC HD2 (Windows Phone 6.5/Android hack, test phone (VOIP Stuff)), iPhone 4 (iOS, Data Phone)
- USB Keys: Multiple USB Keys ranging from small 4Gb sticks to fast 32Gb USB 3.0 Keys… total space: 140GB
- HotSpot: Zoom Travle Router with Wireless-N connected to the iPhone to give me a wireless access point for up to 254 devices…
- Power: Veho Pebble. enough power to charge both the iPhone and HotSpot at the same time (hotspot powers iPhone while its on, and the Pebble powers the hotspot). May replace it with something more powerfull eventually…
- Mouse: Microsoft Arc Mouse. Small, light, foldable and works perfect for what i need it for.
- Memory card Reader: Lexar Dual Slot USB 2.0 Memory Card Reader: this is very fast… Has UDMA support for faster CF and SD cards… Used mainly for reading memory cards from cameras, but given my project uses a Raspberry Pi, and i have 2 of these, one in my main bag is handy.
- Camera: I carry my a Samsung Galaxy Camera with me at all times. This is my new years resolution and its something that i handy to have with me. Taking photos of notes, videos of lectures, etc, is handy…. and given its a full Android device, i can send and read emails, tweets, facebook, etc.
- MISC: I have a small USB Hub pictured (no link, dont know where i got it). I also have all the required cables (iPhone, mini and micro usb, power, etc) and what ever else is needed to run the whole show…
I am hoping that if i manage to build the Ultimate Mobile HotSpot with a Raspberry Pi, I can get rid of a few things (mobile hotspot, battery charger, replace the iPhone with an iPod Touch) and maybe a lot of cables… Ideally, the Ultimate Mobile Hotspot should have enough power to charge other devices, and be charged while running also… but thats another post for another day…
was last updated: July 13, 2018: fixing aliases (c8b9f0d). Found an issue? Improve this page
homepage of Tiernan OToole, Geek, photographer, GeekPhotographer, and lazy git.
- Adding a Netgear LB2120 to the homelab
- Finally going all in on VoIP
- Auto deploying to multiple servers with GitHub and Webhooks
- Moving the site to Hugo
- Playing with AMD’s Epyc
- AS204994, Own IP Space and Anycast
- Blogging on an iPad Pro
- New Backup Plans
- Testing Forestry
- VSCode and Markdown Monster with Powershell