Day 10 of #100daysofhomelab and its mostly updates and monitoring.
- Mikrotik released the stable version of 7.7 today. I have upgraded both my CHRs and so far, so good!
- Even though my Kubernetes stuff failed (spectacularly) I am still reading about it.
- Mastodon on K3s – Part 1 (zaher.dev)
- Mastodon on K3s – Part 2 (zaher.dev)
- Mastodon on K3s – Part 3 (zaher.dev)
- MinIO | MinIO for Kubernetes
- Deploy a MinIO Tenant — MinIO Object Storage for Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Volumes Guide – Examples for NFS and Persistent Volume – Kubernetes Book (matthewpalmer.net)
- Kubernetes Storage — Part 1 — NFS complete tutorial | by Saeid Bostandoust | ITNEXT
I think my next plan for the Kubernetes cluster is to rebuild the VMs and start from scratch. Currently, they ranged from 2-4 cores and 4-8Gb RAM. They also had a single disk on them and used an Ubuntu 22.04 cloud image. I think the plan going forward is to make sure each has similar RAM and Cores, none are going on the smaller VM Hosts I have, and I will be adding a new disk just for storage. Looks like Minio might work for me… More testing and reading are required though.
This site is hosted on my own ASN on AS204994. More details about that over there. I also use Vultr for transit services and HostUs for LIR Services. Check them out. You can also check some of the gear I use on a daily basis over on kit.co/tiernano. Looking for a Backup Option? Check out Backblaze and get a month free.